Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Lakeland Georgia 31635
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Lakeland Georgia 31635. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also other consequences as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Lakeland Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Lakeland Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Lakeland will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Lakeland GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Lakeland DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Lakeland Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250