Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23509
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia 23509. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Norfolk Virginia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Norfolk Virginia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Norfolk will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Norfolk VA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Norfolk DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Norfolk Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250