DUI Defense Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida. Arrested for a DUI in Florida? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Florida require that you are punished even more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DUI defense lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida who is focused on defending your DUI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers in Palm Harbor Florida
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Palm Harbor Florida or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Palm Harbor will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Palm Harbor FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Palm Harbor DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Florida of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Palm Harbor Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer in Palm Harbor Explains: Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250