Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23218
Find DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia 23218. Arrested for a DUI in Virginia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Virginia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced DUI defense lawyer in Richmond Virginia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Defense Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI Defense Lawyer in Richmond Virginia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Richmond will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui defense lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Richmond VA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Virginia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Richmond DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Virginia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richmond Virginia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Defense Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250