Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) British Columbia V5C
Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) British Columbia V5C. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) BC who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) BC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Burnaby (Burnaby Heights / Willingdon Heights / West Central Valley) British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone