Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) British Columbia V3N
Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) British Columbia V3N. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) BC who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Burnaby (East Big Bend / Stride Avenue / Edmonds / Cariboo-Armstrong) British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone