Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) British Columbia V5A
Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) British Columbia V5A. Arrested for a DUI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) BC who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) BC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Burnaby (Government Road / Lake City / SFU / Burnaby Mountain) British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone