Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) British Columbia V5E
Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) British Columbia V5E. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) BC who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) BC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Conditions of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Burnaby (Lakeview-Mayfield / Richmond Park / Kingsway-Beresford) British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone