Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) British Columbia V5J
Find DUI Lawyer in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) British Columbia V5J. Have you been arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) BC who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) BC to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Burnaby (Suncrest / Sussex-Nelson / Clinton-Glenwood / West Big Bend) British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone