Find DUI Lawyer in International Border Region (Cardston) Alberta T0K
Find DUI Lawyer in International Border Region (Cardston) Alberta T0K. Been arrested for a DUI in Alberta? Click for FREE consultation. Don’t go to court alone. Seek legal advice from a experienced lawyer for the best possible outcome.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DUI history then the DUI laws in Alberta require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers in International Border Region (Cardston) AB who is focused on defending your DUI case.
The odds of really having your DUI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI Lawyer in International Border Region (Cardston) Alberta or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI Lawyer who knows Alberta Province DWI laws and in most cases will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in International Border Region (Cardston) AB to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Alberta DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense International Border Region (Cardston) DUI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most provinces have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. DUI Class. Most provinces require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DUI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many provinces require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in International Border Region (Cardston) Alberta.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250