Find DUI Lawyer in Merritt British Columbia V1K
Find DUI Lawyer in Merritt British Columbia V1K. Arrested for a DUI? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Additional other actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in British Columbia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Merritt BC who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Merritt or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Merritt will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Merritt BC to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing British Columbia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense Merritt DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
British Columbia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Merritt British Columbia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone