Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines Northeast Ontario L2M
Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines Northeast Ontario L2M. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Ontario require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in St. Catharines Northeast ON who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Northeast or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Northeast will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Northeast ON to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Ontario laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense St. Catharines Northeast DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Ontario Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in St. Catharines Northeast Ontario.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone