Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines Southeast Ontario L2V
Find DUI Lawyer in St. Catharines Southeast Ontario L2V. Have you been arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Ontario require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in St. Catharines Southeast ON who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Hiring Find DUI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Southeast or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Southeast will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in St. Catharines Southeast ON to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Ontario laws, having experience are important qualities in a good St. Catharines Southeast DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Ontario Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in St. Catharines Southeast Ontario.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DUI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone