Find DWI Attorney in Borger Texas 79007
Find DWI Attorney in Borger Texas 79007. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DWI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI attorney in Borger TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring The Best DWI Attorney
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a Criminal defense attorney. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI attorney in Borger or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DWI.
The experienced Borger DWI attorney that will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your best DWI attorney will know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DWI attorney in Borger TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are important qualities in a DUI attorney in Borger.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Borger Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Charge
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
Best DWI Attorney Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Without a Lawyer