Find DWI Lawyer in Angleton Texas 77515
Find DWI Lawyer in Angleton Texas 77515. Arrested for drunk driving? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Angleton TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring The Best DWI Lawyer
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Angleton or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Angleton will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dwi lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DWI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DWI lawyer in Angleton TX to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Angleton DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DWI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Angleton Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone