Find DWI Lawyer in George West Texas 78022
Find DWI Lawyer in George West Texas 78022. Arrested for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI)? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other actions because of of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished even more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in George West TX who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining The Best DWI Lawyer
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including high penalties and fines,losing your license, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in George West or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in George West will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dwi lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DWI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DWI lawyer in George West TX to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a defense George West DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DWI defense exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Texas Has Mandatory Penalties of a Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and start the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in George West Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone