Find DWI Lawyer in Houston Texas 77249
Find DWI Lawyer in Houston Texas 77249. Have you been arrested for a DWI? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional collateral consequences because of of a DWI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Texas require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Houston TX who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining The Best DWI Lawyer
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DWI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Houston or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Houston will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dwi lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DWI case, and could point out that the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DWI lawyer in Houston TX to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Houston DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DWI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Texas Has Mandatory Conditions of a DWI Conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Houston Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer Explains Why You Should Not Go to Court Alone