Find DWI Lawyer in Palatka Florida 32178
Find DWI Lawyer in Palatka Florida 32178. Arrested for a DWI in Palatka Florida? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing serious consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Florida require that you are punished more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Palatka FL who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining Find DWI Lawyer in Palatka
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Palatka Florida or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Palatka will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Palatka FL to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Florida DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good Palatka DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. DWI Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Palatka Florida.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Palatka Florida 32178
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)