Find DWI Lawyer in Santa Cruz California 95060
Find DWI Lawyer in Santa Cruz California 95060. Arrested for a DWI in Santa Cruz California? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Additional other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DWI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in California require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Santa Cruz CA who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Retaining Find DWI Lawyer in Santa Cruz
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Santa Cruz California or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DWI.
The experienced DWI lawyer in Santa Cruz will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police have not followed a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Santa Cruz CA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing California laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Santa Cruz DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
U.S. States have mandatory penalties of a drunk driving conviction:
1. DWI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the course and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Santa Cruz California.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DWI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250
DWI Lawyer in Santa Cruz California 95060
Driving Under the Influence (DUI)