DUI Lawyer in East Ellijay Georgia 30539
Find DUI Lawyer in East Ellijay Georgia 30539. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional other actions as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in East Ellijay Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences on your life, including stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in East Ellijay Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in East Ellijay will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in East Ellijay GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are the most important qualities in a good East Ellijay DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and you’ll have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in East Ellijay Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Estimated Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250