DUI Lawyer in Ellijay Georgia 30536
Find DUI Lawyer in Ellijay Georgia 30536. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing legal consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Ellijay Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Ellijay Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Ellijay will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the legal procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Ellijay GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Ellijay DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Ellijay Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250