Find Richardson DUI Lawyers
Find Richardson DUI Lawyers. Have you been arrested for a drunk driving charge in Richardson Texas? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DUI then the DUI laws in Texas require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an dedicated and experienced dui lawyers in Richardson TX who is focused on representing your DUI case.
The chances of successfully beating a DUI charge are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DUI conviction can have long-term consequences, including high fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Richardson Texas or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced Richardson dui lawyer will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and will increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your DUI lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DUI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Richardson TX to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Texas DUI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a good Richardson DUI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DUI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Most states have mandatory penalties of a DUI conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and you’ll have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DUI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Richardson Texas.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250