DUI Lawyer in Graysville Georgia 30726
Find DUI Lawyer in Graysville Georgia 30726. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Graysville Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense case.
Benefits of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Graysville Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Graysville will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Graysville GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Graysville DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Graysville Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250