DUI Lawyer in Kennesaw Georgia 30160
Find DUI Lawyer in Kennesaw Georgia 30160. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing serious consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Kennesaw Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The chances of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have long-term consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,losing your license, the imperilment of future job prospects, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Kennesaw Georgia or your local area is your best chance of having charges dropped from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Kennesaw will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being thrown out
As you know, all cases are different and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important to hire a DUI lawyer in Kennesaw GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Kennesaw DWI lawyer.
Find someone who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your car and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Kennesaw Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Estimated Legal Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250