DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30162
Find DUI Lawyer in Rome Georgia 30162. Arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and being thrown in jail. Also other consequences because of of a DUI charge is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the legal services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Rome Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully beating a DWI charge are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff fines and penalties,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Rome Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Rome will know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and will increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the policemen have not followed a procedure exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Rome GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a good Rome DWI lawyer.
Find someone who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Many states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the class and have to pay the fee and take the course again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Rome Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a chain gang ankle bracelet monitor which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. Legal Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250