DUI Lawyer in Saint George Utah 84770
Find DUI Lawyer in Saint George Utah 84770. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Utah? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, numerous court appearances, restrictive conditions like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Additional collateral consequences as a result of a DUI conviction is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Utah require that you are punished even more harshly. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Saint George Utah who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The chances of really beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences, including stiff fines and penalties,the loss of driving privileges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Saint George Utah or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the damage from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Saint George will also know the prosecutors and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involving a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a procedure exactly. This often results in a charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases vary and each case has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to deal with legally, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Saint George UT to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Utah laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a good Saint George DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Penalties in Utah of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI Class. Many states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Saint George Utah.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which snaps your photograph as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250