DUI Lawyer in Statesboro Georgia 30458
Find DUI Lawyer in Statesboro Georgia 30458. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driving privileges, a lot of court appearances, restrictive conditions like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI conviction is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to get the services of an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyers in Statesboro Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Advantages of Hiring DUI Lawyers
The odds of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have lasting consequences, including stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, the imperilment of future job prospects, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Statesboro Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Statesboro will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become very complicated and difficult to navigate, which makes it more critical to hire a DUI lawyer in Statesboro GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Statesboro DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a DUI Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with victims family members.
3. Ignition Interlock. A portable breathalyzer that to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Statesboro Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Approximate Legal Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250