DUI Lawyer in Stillmore Georgia 30464
Find DUI Lawyer in Stillmore Georgia 30464. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you will need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences like the loss of your driving privileges, numerous court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being thrown in jail. Also collateral consequences because of of a DUI checkpoint is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI differently than other people charged with crimes. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible outcomes pretty much requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Stillmore Georgia who is focused on representing your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t retain the services of a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction can have lasting consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Stillmore Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Stillmore will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the policemen didn’t follow a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to deal with legally, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Stillmore GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Stillmore DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who practices DUI defense exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by speaking with friends, family or others who have been represented or dealt with the lawyer. Find out if they have they obtained proven results.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. DUI School. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, you will be dismissed from the course and have to pay a penalty fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the families of victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Many states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Stillmore Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-A random urine test, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250