Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Jackson Georgias 30233
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Jackson Georgia 30233. Arrested for a DUI in Jackson GA? You now have important decisions to make. These are serious charges and you might need counseling from an lawyer.
Honestly, you must know you are facing serious consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral consequences as a result of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
My legal experience knows that judges and prosecutors treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with crimes. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished even more severely. To prevent the worst possible scenario requires you to engage the legal services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Jackson GA who is focused on defending your DWI case.
Advantages of Retaining Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Jackson
The chances of really having your DWI charges dropped are slim to none if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and a whole lot more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Jackson Georgia or your local area is your best chance of possible reducing charges from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Jackson will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the possibilities pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police didn’t follow a procedure exactly. And in most cases results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As you know, all cases vary and each case has its disadvantages and advantages. And there are some to beat a charge, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, and don’t. Most cases are pretty and difficult to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Jackson GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia DWI laws, experience, dedication, and customer service are important qualities in a defense Jackson DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a DUI Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving School. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on substance and alcohol abuse. The school costs from $200-$600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class drunk, you will be dismissed from the class and have to pay a penalty fee and do the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a sobering meeting with the victims of drunk drivers.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your vehicle and prevents the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require 20-200 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Jackson Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors and detects the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
Costs of DUI Convictions
- Estimated Legal Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Time Lost from Work for Court, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing costs $50 to $250