Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Preston Georgias 31824
Find Top Rated DUI Lawyer in Preston Georgia 31824. Arrested for a DUI in Preston GA? You now have important decisions to make. Because these are serious charges and you might need legal help.
To be straight up as we can you must know you are facing legal consequences like the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an ignition lock device and losing your freedom. Also collateral actions because of of a DUI charge is stress, sleep loss, damage to your reputation, insurance rate increases and more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI much differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you’ve been charged before with a DWI then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more harshly. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to seek the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Preston GA who is focused on representing your DWI defense case.
Advantages of Retaining Top Rated DUI Lawyers in Preston
The chances of successfully beating a DWI charge are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,the loss of driving privileges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DWI lawyer in Preston Georgia or your local area is your best chance of minimizing the fallout from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Preston will know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of pleading for a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will know the procedures involved in a DUI case, and thus can immediately pinpoint when the police did not follow a protocol exactly. This often results in a DUI charge being dropped.
As we all know, all cases and charges are different and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, most or all of which a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases are very complicated and hard to navigate, which makes it more critical that you hire a DUI lawyer in Preston GA to lookout for your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are important qualities in a defense Preston DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Research the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. See if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Georgia Has Mandatory Penalties of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a 12-100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The cost of this school may be from $200 to $600, and if you show up for the class under the influence of alcohol or drugs, they will terminate you from the course and have to pay the fee and take the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Another common DWI sanction is attendance at a “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meeting with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless your blood alcohol level is under .02.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Preston Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Offense Costs
- Approximate Costs. lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Court Fees and Fines $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, Drunk Driving Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- License Reinstatement Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250