DUI Lawyer in Warthen Georgia 31094
Find DUI Lawyer in Warthen Georgia 31094. Have you been arrested for a DUI in Georgia? You do have some important decisions to make. These are serious legal charges and you will need legal help.
Honestly, you must know you’re facing possible consequences such as the loss of your driver’s license, a lot of court appearances, driving limitations like an Ignition Interlock device and being locked up. Also collateral actions as a result of a DUI checkpoint is loss of sleep, stress, loss of reputation, job and much more.
In my experience, prosecutors and judges treat those accused of a DUI differently than other citizens charged with a crime. If you have a DWI history then the DWI laws in Georgia require that you are punished more severely. Avoiding the worst possible scenario requires you to find the services of an dedicated and experienced DWI lawyers in Warthen Georgia who is focused on defending your DWI defense.
Benefits of Retaining DUI Lawyers
The odds of successfully having your DWI charges dropped are far and between if you don’t hire a DUI lawyer. A DWI conviction will have long-term consequences on your life, including the payment of stiff penalties and fines,losing driving priveleges, impeding your chances of getting jobs, and more.
Hiring a DUI lawyer in Warthen Georgia or your local area is your best chance of winning your case from a DUI.
The experienced DUI lawyer in Warthen will also know the opponent prosecutor style and pre-dispositions, and can increase the chances of negotiating a lesser charge, and more. Your good dui lawyer will also know the legal procedures involving a DUI case, and could point out that the police have not followed a protocol exactly. And in most cases results in a charge being thrown out
As we all know, all cases vary and each charge has its advantages and disadvantages. And there are many ways to have charges dropped, and unfortunately only a DWI lawyer knows about, but you don’t. Most cases can become pretty and hard to navigate, which makes it even more important that you hire a DUI lawyer in Warthen GA to protect your interests and your freedom. Knowing Georgia laws, having experience are the most important qualities in a defense Warthen DWI lawyer.
The best practice is to find an lawyer who has been practicing DWI defense almost exclusively. Look into the lawyer’s reputation by asking friends, family or others who has dealt with this lawyer. Find out if they have they gotten favorable outcomes.
Mandatory Conditions in Georgia of a Drunk Driving Conviction:
1. Drunk Driving Class. Most states require a short 12 to 100 hour course on alcohol and substance abuse. The school costs from $200 to $600, and if you were dumb enough to show up for the class after you’ve been drinking, you will be dismissed from the class and you’ll have to pay the fee and start the course over again.
2. Victim Impact Panel. Attendance at these DWI classes can cause you to be sanctioned by the “Victim Impact Panel.” This is a humbling meetup with the family members of DUI victims.
3. Ignition Interlock. This is a portable breathalyzer which attaches to your car and keeps the car from starting unless you test under .02 blood alcohol.
4. Community Service. Most states require from 20 to 100 hours of community service for a DUI conviction in Warthen Georgia.
5. Alcohol Monitoring-This can either be random urinalysis, a SCRAM ankle bracelet which monitors the alcohol in your perspiration which will take your picture as you blow into a portable breath tester.
DUI Lawyer Price of a DUI Conviction
- Approximate Costs. Lawyer Fees $ 1500 to $ 15,000 or more for jury trial or appeal.
- Fines and Court Fees $515 to $8,125.
- Civil Suits unlimited. –Electronic Home Monitoring $ 150 to $ 2,250 or more.
- Loss of Work time for Court Appearances, DUI Programs and Community Service $750 to $10,000.
- Reinstating drivers license Fee $150.
- Ignition Interlock $730 to $2,800 or more. Alcohol Treatment $1,500 to $20,000.
- Insurance $1,800 to $4,500 additional premium over three years.
- Towing charges $50 to $250